- From a standing position place all of your weight on your left foot until you are able to balance and lift your right foot off the ground. Eyes forward for balance.
- Squat down on your left leg, bringing your right leg behind you.
- Bring your right arm forward and your left arm back as if you were speed skating.
- Push off your left foot and with a small hop land on your right foot now in the same position but on the right leg.
- Repeat, hopping back and forth.
Muscles: Quads, hamstrings, glutes, hip flexors
Note: As strength and technique improve, challenge yourself to get lower and lower on each leg.